Together We Rise
Dining on Campus in the Now and New Normal
Yes. Each student will be tested and quarantined in their rooms until their test results are received. During the initial quarantine period, on-campus students will have their meals delivered to their residence hall or college-owned residence. Students living in College-approved, off-campus locations (College Row, College Hill, James Street Properties) should prepare for their quarantine in advance of their arrival—bringing food or arranging safe food/grocery delivery for their meals until the end of their quarantine period. Please note that quarantine is expected to be up to 72 hours but may be longer depending on testing conditions or for students arriving internationally and from certain locations. Students will be able to leave their rooms only to use the bathroom, get their meals from the hall delivery point, or in case of an emergency.
When students are cleared to be released from quarantine, those on the meal plan may access the Dining Hall. Dining services will work carefully to address food allergies, celiac diets, or other special dietary needs. For students with nut allergies, the Restaurants at Ben Franklin, as well as meals provided during the quarantine period, do not offer nuts or peanuts.
Students will be tested twice a week throughout the semester. The College will follow public health guidelines with a focus on continued daily screening and education regarding their pledge to the community and other protocols (masks, physical distancing, cleaning, surveillance testing, contact tracing, etc.) to support the safety of our campus.
- My Zone (gluten-free)
- Deli selections
- The Grill
- Pizza (personal pan size only)
- Trellis (vegan/vegetarian)
- Sustenance (comfort food)
- KIVO (kosher; dairy and meat)
- Mongolian Grill
- Daily specialty salads will be offered (no salad bar)
- Waffle makers, toasters and topping will be moved over next to the Trellis station and will be served upon request (no self-service)
- All dining locations will have required Plexiglas shields at points of service and other locations as needed
- Signage, floor stickers for social distancing, and direction arrows will be installed to assist with student circulation and efficiency
- Masks will be required when entering and moving through the dining hall. Once seated, you may take your mask off.
- Foodservice workers will wear PPE and will wash their hands and sanitize at established intervals
- Sodexo (our catering service) developed a required 4.5-hour special COVID-19 training program that all employees will attend before the start of the semester to contribute to student safety as well as their own. Additional employee training will be conducted as the semester begins.
- Foodservice workers will hold daily staff health and safety briefings
- Tap readers will be used for meal plan access (on-site). Checkers will not handle the student cards.
Mein Bowl, Grill Off the Green, Simply Salads, and Blue Line will all have the ability to pre-order food through the Bite+ app on your phone. You will receive confirmation of your order through the app. When you arrive to pick up your order, you will show your order confirmation to the cashier and you will use our new tap-technology to pay. Just like when you order in person, you can use your meal swipes, flex dollars, and Ben's Bucks to pay for your order.
To sign-up for Bite+, go to bite.sodexo.com or download the app from the iTunes store or Google Play store and search for Franklin & Marshall College to find our menus.