April 08, 2020
With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the College has made provisions for housing and dining access for the small number of students approved to remain on campus. For residents who remain, it is essential that you take all necessary precautions to limit the community spread of COVID-19. The most effective way to limit the spread is social distancing - keeping at least 6' apart from others. This includes congregating in residential lounges and at the dining hall.
In order to keep our community safe, we must all abide by these expectations. As was noted in an earlier email, refusing to follow guidelines related to social distancing will be considered a failure to comply with College standards Please be a part of the solution and help out by keeping your distance. We're all in this together!
In addition, the CDC offers these steps to protect yourself:
- Put distance between yourself and other people (6 feet between you and other people) and do not gather in groups.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.